There are a high number of people in this world who make judgements about others based on their smile. Because of this, your teeth and your smile are a huge part of your ability to make a good first impression. That’s one of the reasons why our team here at Mudrow Family Dental: Cosmetic and Biocompatible Dentistry is so interested in creating beautiful smiles for our patients using a wide range of cosmetic dentistry techniques. In addition to our cosmetic dentistry services, however, we also pride ourselves on having the best general dentist in Idaho Falls, Dr. Kevin Mudrow, D.D.S.
If you’ve been looking for a general dentist in Idaho Falls that you can trust, you’ve come to the right place. Dr. Mudrow is highly skilled in a wide range of dental techniques, which means that you don’t have to worry about running all over town for different dental procedures. And because our services go beyond general dentistry, we can help you everything from your initial cleaning and exam all the way up to a total smile reconstruction — and everything in between, of course! Let’s take a look at what Mudrow Family Dental can do for you.
A Bio-Compatible General Dentist in Idaho Falls
Biocompatible dentistry is based on the idea that your oral health is intimately involved with your overall health. That’s why every procedure we do is based around the notion that improving your dental health can and will help you be healthier in the long run. As a biocompatible dental office, we strive to use materials that are particularly suited to making your teeth and gums as healthy as possible with very little possibility of a negative reaction to the materials we use.
In order to do this, we use products that are perfectly suited to your personal biochemistry. We conduct a simple biocompatibility test on new patients to make sure that you don’t have a negative reaction to any of the materials that will be used in your dental care. This is part of our holistic or health-centered approach to dentistry. We understand that each and every one of our patients is unique and, because of this, you have unique needs that must be taken into account.
Diverse Dental Diagnostic Services
We know that you have a lot of options when choosing a general dentist in Idaho Falls, and many of the dentists in the area are quite good. But you need to make sure that your general dentist is capable of diagnosing and treating any kind of dental issue that you may have.
In order to help his patients, Dr. Mudrow goes beyond standard diagnostic procedures like x-rays to make sure that he finds any oral health problems that are present. Once he has identified a problem, he is able to take action right in his office to make sure that the problem is taken care of quickly and efficiently. All without you needing to go to another office. Some of the diagnostic services Dr. Mudrow employs include:
- Digital Radiology (X-Rays) – Mudrow Family Dental uses new, digital radiology technology to make sure that your dental images are of the highest quality possible. These digital images provide many improvements over traditional x-rays, including higher quality images, immediate image results, and the use of dramatically less radiation.
- Biocompatibility Testing – As mentioned before, Dr. Mudrow is a biocompatible dentist, and he strives to use materials that are perfectly suited to each patient’s exact biochemistry. A simple materials reactivity test is used to make sure that the materials used in your dental care will not have a negative impact on your oral health.
- DIAGNOdent – Sometimes, x-rays aren’t capable of finding small cavities that are in the early stages of development. The DIAGNOdent — basically a cavity finding laser — can be used to find these small cavities so that Dr. Mudrow can use conservative restoration tactics before the cavities can become a major oral health problem.
- 3-D Imaging – When more detailed images are needed for diagnostic purposes, our team of dental professionals will use a 3-D Extraoral Imaging System (also called Cone Beam Computed Tomography) to create a three dimensional model of your teeth, jaw, or other internal structures. These images allow Dr. Mudrow to make a better diagnosis and plan the right treatment for any oral health problems you may have.
A Full Range of General Dentistry Services in Idaho Falls
Dr. Mudrow is the best cosmetic and general dentist in Idaho Falls. Because he offers a full range of services in his office, you don’t have to worry about running all over town to get the treatment you need. Our diverse dental services allow you to simplify your life by receiving all of your dental care in one office. Below, you’ll find a list of some of the common cosmetic and general dentistry services we offer.
- Exam and Cleaning – Like most dental offices, we encourage you to have a basic dental cleaning and exam performed every six months. By having this procedure done on a regular basis, your general dentist in Idaho Falls can find and fix small dental issues before they turn into serious oral health problems.
- Extractions – While it isn’t anybody’s first choice, there are times when removal of a tooth is the best course of action for your oral health. Most commonly, the removal of a tooth becomes necessary when there is a vertical tooth fracture, extensive decay, a failed root canal therapy, an orthodontic, need, or in cases of wisdom tooth removal.
- Fillings – Cavity treatment typically includes the removal of decaying tooth material using either a dental drill or laser dentistry. Once the decay has been removed, the resulting hold needs to be filled. Dr. Mudrow uses both direct and indirect fillings and will determine the best course of action by considering the amount of tooth structure that remains, where the filling will be located, and how many office visits will be necessary to complete the filling. We can install Idaho Falls resin tooth fillings, a safer alternative to amalgam fillings.
- Sealants – General dentists will often suggest that patients have dental sealants placed on their back teeth to protect them from decay. A dental sealant is created when a dentist uses a white or clear resin material to cover or “seal” the pits and grooves located on the top of a molar. They are commonly used in older children, but can also be used effectively for many adults.
- Bonding – Bonding, in dental terms, is the use of “white” composite filling material for one of two purposes. First, bonding can be used to repair or change the appearance of teeth located at the front of the mouth. Second, the bonding composite can be used to create fillings that adhere to the existing tooth structure anywhere in the mouth. The composite material used in bonding procedures comes in a variety of colors that can be closely matched to your existing teeth for unobtrusive tooth repair.
- Invisalign® – If you have teeth that need to be repositioned, Invisalign invisible braces can be a great option. They can be used to reposition your teeth over time by using a progression of clear, custom-fitted trays that are far more comfortable than traditional, metal braces.
- Laser Dentistry – Many dental patients who have had experience with dental drills have experienced pain or discomfort associated with the dental procedure. This pain and discomfort is generally a result of the heat, pressure, and vibrations that are common to the use of a dental drill. When it is beneficial, Dr. Mudrow will use a Waterlase™ dental laser in place of a common drill. This use of laser dentistry typically results in far less pain and swelling after the dental procedure is over.
- Teeth Whitening – Our dental office offers professional teeth whitening services that can help you recapture the bright smile you had in your youth. This simple procedure can be done with either custom trays or prefabricated trays.
- Crowns and Bridges – Dental crowns (sometimes called caps) and bridges are often necessary for patients who need extensive dental work done. As a full service general dentist in Idaho Falls, Dr. Mudrow offers crown and bridge services in-office.
- Dentures and Partials – For our patients who have had teeth extracted, lost permanent teeth, or find that their natural teeth are not as strong as they should be, we offer denture and partial denture services.
As you can see, Dr. Mudrow and our team at Mudrow Family Dental can offer you a wide range of general dentistry services right here in Idaho Falls. And all without needing to visit a different office in another part of town. As the best general dentist in Idaho Falls, Dr. Mudrow wants to help you make sure that your teeth and gums are healthy so that you can be happy and healthy in your everyday life. If you have questions about any of our services or would like to set up an appointment, Give Us a Call Today!