Mouth Meets Body
Holistic Approach To Dentistry in Idaho Falls
Do you know that there is a synergistic correlation between the health of your mouth and the health of your body? When you understand this connection, you are empowered to improve your overall health! As an example to the whole-body health approach, we look beyond the mere elimination of disease to the restoration of the natural form and function of your teeth. The results can be dramatic: putting a stop to worn and broken teeth, relief from head and neck pain, increased energy, assist with better digestion, improved well-being and of course the beautiful smile you have been dreaming about.
Our Idaho Falls dentistry will help you achieve the dental health you have always wanted, or help you maintain optimal health for life. No matter the condition you start in, we support health and healing by assessing areas of infection or decay, periodontal condition, risk factors, heredity, breakdown and/or possible toxicity of existing dental materials, functional abnormalities (Digestion, TMJ and Sleep Apnea), and then, in partnership with you, find a plan to assist in the improvement of your overall health by focusing on the utilization of biocompatible, mercury-free dental materials, support of nutritional supplementation and essential oils, a personalized homecare and maintenance plan.
We would like to help you choose to have health, not leave it all to chance. Together we can develop a personal and comprehensive care plan geared toward your goals and your personal health needs.
Many Idaho Falls dentists use standard metal when installing dental implants. At Mudrow Family Dental, we avoid metal implants in favor of non-metal Zirconia. The benefits of these implants are numerous, so much so that even many dentists who do not consider themselves “holistic” or “natural” dentists are beginning to adopt them. Zirconia implants are:
- Stronger, more stable, and more resilient than metal implants.
- Non-toxic and far more biocompatible (the body likes them more than traditional metal implants).
There is a reason why many Idaho Falls dentists are beginning to avoid amalgam fillings.
- Often referred to simply as “silver fillings”, amalgam fillings are generally comprised of about 50% mercury, which is a toxic heavy metal. Simply put, the human body and mercury do not get along very well.
- Amalgam fillings are “non-cohesive”. This means they do not naturally “stick” to the teeth and thus have to be wedged and forced into place. This often leads to microfractures in the teeth that can later lead to considerable tooth damage, an increased risk of cavities, cracks, and breaks.
- Amalgam fillings expand and contract due to temperature changes. This expansion and contraction can lead to further microfractures, and again, increase one’s risk for tooth damage.
- Amalgam fillings don’t look like natural teeth. They aren’t exactly the prettiest option for repairing dental decay and cavities. They can also lead to great amounts of discoloration in areas of the tooth surrounding them.
- Did you know? Metal (and that includes amalgam fillings) + moisture (which your saliva contains) + heat (in your mouth) is almost like having a battery in your mouth!
So, what’s the alternative?
At Mudrow Family Dental, you’ll find one of the few Idaho Falls dentists who will remove your mercury fillings and replace them with biocompatible, non-amalgam, resin fillings. Not only are these fillings non-toxic, they offer the following benefits:
- Resin fillings are cohesive and don’t have to be forced into place.
- Resin fillings can be made to look and feel like your natural teeth, unlike amalgam fillings.
- Resin fillings don’t expand and contract due to temperature changes.